The core Ellivate principle we’re focusing on for this final quarter of 2023 is Prosperity:
Prosperity flows from the inside out when the previous three principles (Self, Connection, and Harmonious Systems) align. Gain clarity on your financial goals and identify where you can invest your resources more wisely to create more value and abundance for all.
In last month’s letter, we explored the meaning of Prosperity and discovered that it is a state of well-being and flourishing that could encompass financial security, quality of life, fulfillment and joy, a sense of community, and impact – you get to define what it means for you!
Prosperity is a state of being that each one of us can access, no matter where we feel we are today. Achieving this state of being is an inside-out job that starts with our mindset.
Cultivating a prosperity mindset requires us to shift our beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors towards abundance and success.
Here are ten ideas to help you cultivate a prosperity mindset:
- Positive Affirmations – Begin your day with positive affirmations that reinforce your belief in prosperity and abundance. Repeatedly tell yourself you deserve success and prosperity (because you do!!).
- Gratitude Practice – Cultivate gratitude by regularly reflecting on the things you are thankful for. Tap into the abundance you already have, rather than focusing on what you lack.
- Learn and Grow – Continuously invest in your personal and professional development. Develop yourself, boost your confidence, and open up new opportunities for prosperity.
- Surround Yourself with Positive Influences – Spend time with people who have an optimistic outlook on business, life, and themselves – people who inspire you and support your goals. Thankfully, there is a whole community of these women here at Ellivate! 😊 Consider who else you surround yourself with, including clients, partners, and colleagues. Are they positive influences?
- Take Action – A prosperity mindset is not just about what you think; it’s also orienting yourself towards taking action. Set small, achievable steps toward your goals and consistently move them forward one step at a time.
- Embrace Failure – Setbacks and failures are simply pit stops on the path to success. Instead of dwelling on them, view them as learning experiences and opportunities for growth.
- Manage Your Finances Wisely – Feeling financially secure is a foundational aspect of prosperity. Create a budget, save, invest wisely, and avoid unnecessary spending to build a solid financial foundation.
- Practice Generosity – We can practice generosity in all sorts of ways, not just by giving money. Contributing our time, energy, and resources to others and causes we believe in reinforces a sense of abundance. It reminds us that we have enough to share and can always make a positive impact on the world with what we have.
- Stay Persistent – Stay committed to your personal growth and keep up your prosperity practices, even when you’re facing challenges. This is often when we need these practices the most!
- Celebrate Success – Acknowledge and celebrate all your wins and successes, no matter how small you may feel they are! Don’t get so focused on where you’re going that you forget all the amazing places you’ve already been. Let your celebrations fuel you for what’s next!
Just like anything else, cultivating a prosperity mindset takes time and consistent practice. Remember that you are not only moving towards prosperity, you are already here!! Prosperity exists all around you – all you have to do is tap into and receive it.