Frequently Asked Questions
1. The Emerging and Evolving Paths appear to have similar programming. What’s the difference?
We created these new paths to meet you where you are and support you during different stages of your entrepreneurial journey.
- The Emerging Path is designed for the woman who wants to learn how to align her business with Ellivate’s four core principles. She could be in the early stages of her entrepreneurial journey, when she is creating and building her new business. She could also be a more seasoned woman entrepreneur who wants to reevaluate and elevate her business. We highly recommend this path for women who are new to Ellivate. Click here to read the description.
- The Evolving Path is designed for the woman who has already established a stable business with a solid infrastructure and recurring revenue that generates income for her. She wants to expand her business in a more sustainable way that requires less of her direct involvement. Click here to read the description.
The quarterly infusions for each path will be quite different, as we will focus on the challenges faced at that particular stage of the entrepreneurial journey.
Please thoughtfully consider these updated descriptions (linked above) to discern which path is the best fit for you. We want to make sure you get the support you need and match you with your closest peer group.
2. Can I switch paths?
We expect a woman on the Emerging Path to move on to the Evolving Path when she reaches that next stage of her business and needs more advanced support.
We would not expect a woman to move from the Evolving Path to the Emerging Path since this would be moving backwards in the stages of her business. However, there could be an exception if she starts another new business or realizes she wasn’t quite ready for the Evolving Path.
A woman can switch to or from the Entry/Educating Path. If she is not yet ready to commit to the higher level of engagement that the Emerging and Evolving Paths entail, she could begin on the Entry/Educating Path and move to the Emerging or Evolving Path when she’s ready. Conversely, if she’s been on the Emerging or Evolving Path and no longer feels the need for that deeper level of support, she can move to the Entry/Educating Path to stay connected to our community and resources.
3. When can I switch paths?
It depends on which path you’re switching from and to.
- If you want to switch from the Entry/Educating Path to the Emerging Path or the Evolving Path (with a Collaborative Circle), or from the Emerging Path to the Evolving Path (with a Collaborative Circle), we ask that you start your new path in December or June, so we can keep the Collaborative Circles consistent for 6 months. (If there are enough women who want to make a similar switch, it’s possible you could make the switch early, in March or September. The earlier you tell us you want to make this switch, the better – we can create a wait list). Also, you’re welcome to switch at other times so you can attend the quarterly infusion sessions for the new path, as long as you understand you may not have a Collaborative Circle until the following January or July.
- If you want to switch from the Emerging Path or Evolving Path (with a Collaborative Circle) to the Entry/Educating Path, we ask that you switch in December or June. In our experience, the Collaborative Circles work best when the groups are consistent for 6 months, so we hope you’ll finish your existing 6-month term.
- If you want to switch between the Entry/Educating Path and the Evolving Path (without Collaborative Circles) in either direction, you can switch at any time (since neither of these paths involve Collaborative Circles).
4. Can I pay annually?
Yes, there is an option to pay your membership path monthly or annually (in advance). If you choose to pay annually, please make sure you’re committed to your chosen path for the entire year!
5. What’s happening to Ellivate Immersion?
We want to make the Ellivate Alliance more accessible. We found that requiring new members to attend Immersion sometimes creates a barrier to entry. Thus, attending Immersion will no longer be a requirement to join the Ellivate Alliance, and we will not host a live Immersion in 2022. Instead, prospective members can attend one of our monthly 90-minute on-boarding sessions. If they choose to join us, they will then join one of our three member paths.
We know how transformative the Immersion program is, so we’re integrating it into our three paths as follows:
- The Immersion content is now integrated into the quarterly infusions on the Emerging Path. Instead of learning the Ellivate core principles over one month, you will now be able to work with them over the course of a year.
- Women on the Evolving Path have access to Immersion On-Demand in their Evolving on-demand learning library.
- Women on the Entry/Educating Path can purchase Ellivate Immersion On-demand any time for only $299.
6. I’m a seasoned business owner, but I don’t need the deep level of support offered on the Evolving Path. Is there a path for me?
Yes! We offer two paths for you:
- The Evolving Path (without Collaborative Circles) connects you with your Evolving Ellivate sisters on a quarterly basis, plus you’ll receive a few hours of live, collaborative learning each quarter, without the commitment of a monthly Collaborative Circle.
- The Entry/Educating Path is also a great fit, if you’re not interested in live learning content and simply want to tap into the community and resources that Ellivate offers (see FAQ 7 for more information on the Entry/Educating Path).
7. I am not seeking education. I just want to be connected to an incredible community of collaborative women entrepreneurs. Is there still a path for me?
Yes! On the Entry/Educating Path, you will receive opportunities to connect live with your Ellivate sisters at our monthly meet-ups, participate in our monthly Ellivate Aware: In Practice social justice discussions and gain access to our private Slack community. Plus, you’ll receive access to our Emerging on-demand content library.
8. When are member events for the different paths?
Check out our calendar of events here, where you can see the meet-ups for the different member paths and register for our next monthly Curiosity Session.
9. I still can’t decide which path to take. Help!
We know it’s a big decision! We host a Curiosity Session each month, where we’ll discuss the paths in more depth and answer your questions. After the session, you can choose your path. Check out our calendar of events and register for our next Curiosity Session here.