Hello, Ellivate ally!
This month is an especially celebratory month for us, as we’re celebrating International Women’s Day on March 8, our fourth birthday on March 16 and Women’s History all month long!!
I have always loved celebrating and used to seek out any available opportunity to do so. I hosted parties frequently and enjoyed celebrating life all year round with champagne toasts.
Yet, as I reflect on the past few years, it feels like I’ve lost some of that celebratory spirit. Why is that?
Women business owners often focus so much on where we want to go that we don’t pause much to reflect on where we’ve been and the amazing things we’ve already accomplished. It feels like there is always more to do to achieve our dreams…we are never quite “there” yet.
Plus, we have lives beyond our businesses, too. It’s a busy, chaotic world out there – a global pandemic, climate change, a divided country reckoning with systemic racism, plus all of our personal challenges, responsibilities and commitments. Oftentimes, it feels like we’re just trying to make it through the day.
This month, I’m choosing to pause and reflect on how far I’ve come in my life and business. During the past four years, the Ellivate Alliance has:
- Helped 114 women make their dreams a reality through our Ellivate Immersion program (9 Immersions completed, and the 10th happens next month!)!
- Welcomed 93 women into our connective, uplifting and empowering member community!
- Created 3 annual premier member experiences through EVOLVE!
- Launched Ellivate Aware: An Educational Series on Recognizing Racism and Inspiring Action and hosted 10 meetings (and still counting!)!
- Hosted 100+ virtual meetings for our members, including Office Hours to teach them critical business and human skills, Open Forums to share celebrations and challenges with one another and some purely social member connection experiences!
Wow, taking a moment to acknowledge what we’ve created and the difference we’ve made feels good!!
Now, let’s shine the celebratory spotlight on you:
- What business achievements will you celebrate today?
- What accomplishments are you most proud of?
- What do you want to celebrate about the amazing human being that you are?
This month, let’s choose to celebrate ourselves and our accomplishments! Let’s allow the energy created by our celebrations fuel us through the challenges ahead. Cheers to us!!
With deep love and gratitude,